“You can’t change what you really are….you and me, we don’t even have a choice….We have to be right in the middle of the action, because we’re the warriors.” With these words, Apollo Creed convinces his friend Rocky Balboa that he needs to support him in one last fight. Now, while this speech is intended to describe the nature of a boxer, it could easily be used to describe the nature of an educator.
Teachers have a heart of giving, they are always in the middle of the action, and they fight for their students each and every day. Now, while I don’t believe that great educators are born, but are created through hard work and training, I DO believe that they are born with a warrior’s instinct…an instinct to never give up.
One of the biggest compliments I believe someone can get is to be told they have the heart of an educator. For me that means a rare combination of love and toughness, patience and determination, optimism and realism. Like Rocky and Apollo…we are the warriors!
“If you’re a true warrior, competition doesn’t scare you. It makes you better.” – Andrew Witworth
“Any great warrior is also a scholar, and a poet, and an artist.” – Steven Seagal
“I’m a warrior for light.” – Thomas Kinkade
- Monday, June 3: Students of the Month Assembly 9:05 AM, IEP (Stromberg) 2:15 PM, F&P Data in Illuminate
- Tuesday, June 4: Kindergarten Round Up
- Wednesday, June 5: Elementary Principals Meeting 1:00-4:30 PM
- Thursday, June 6: Staff Meeting 8:05 AM, Garden Day (during your designated time), PTA Meeting 7:00 PM
- Friday, June 7: Service Safety Squad Color Run 2:30 PM in Garden Area, IRIPS sent home with students
- Saturday, June 8: 2nd Annual Buchanan Karaoke Night!! 9:00-???
- Sunday, June 9: PTA Tiger’s Game
- Monday, June 10: Celebrate Monday Assembly 9:05 AM, 4th Grade to Rec Center
- Tuesday, June 11: Kindergarten Concert 1:15 PM (Outside)
- Wednesday, June 12: Field Day
- Thursday, June 13: Students Dismissed 12:10 PM
- Friday, June 14: Island Drum Assembly 10:00 AM, 4th Grade Clap Out 11:30 AM, Students dismissed at 12:10 PM